Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The winner for the pick-a-challenge is .......

+2
Lali
Tina Head Lady
6 posters

Go down

The winner for the pick-a-challenge is ....... Empty The winner for the pick-a-challenge is .......

Post by Tina Head Lady Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:41 am

ha ha just making you hang....lol

ok it's lizzy....it was so hard to choose, they were all great....but we feel that with lizzys it is definitly going to be challenging....
ok so congrats Lizzy
Can you PM me your details so that I can send out your bling pack and also remember that your judging.....ha ha ha..
good luck
Tina Head Lady
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2008-07-11

https://cddoodles.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The winner for the pick-a-challenge is ....... Empty Re: The winner for the pick-a-challenge is .......

Post by Lali Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:02 am

Yay Lizzy congrats off to write down the challenge...when does it have to be done by Tina
Lali
Lali
You Know your stuff

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2008-08-01

http://scrappingmad.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

The winner for the pick-a-challenge is ....... Empty Re: The winner for the pick-a-challenge is .......

Post by Tina Head Lady Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:05 am

THE 30TH.....Good luck...and have fun....lol
Tina Head Lady
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by *Anthea* Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:25 am

cool, will have to go back and see what it was
*Anthea*
*Anthea*
You Know your stuff

Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2008-07-29

http://www.our-life-story.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzyc Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:55 am

oh wow thanks so much... does this mean i can't do the challenge?? or can i do it anyway and just post it with the others??
thank you tina.. i hope there was enough details for everyone..
(i'll have to go back and refresh my memory too!!)
my address is c. crust
10 paynters road
Postmans Ridge qld 4350
hey this has made my day!! thanks again...
lizzyc
lizzyc
You Know your stuff

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzyc Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:04 pm

what is suggested was...
5 or 6 pieces of cardstock
all embellies made from this... no pre-bought stuff
can be all similiar shades or all contrasting colors
the title - 'WHY'
handwritten journalling any amount
any amount of photo's, any size..
wow good luck everyone..i trust you enjoy this and get thinking, as well as discovering something about yourselves as you ponder the title and why you write what you do...be looking forward to seeing the beautiful layouts..
don't know how i will be able to judge them.. i know they ALL will be superb!! xxlizzy
lizzyc
lizzyc
You Know your stuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:30 pm

hey Lizzy congrats babe....no you won't be able to enter as a qualifier but you sure can enter for the fun of it....yes judging is not all it's cracked up to be....lol. It is hard work having to choose the best I think that every-ones work is great in very different ways....

hope that made sense....lol. I have a head ache...waiting for panadol to kick in.,.,,.
Tina Head Lady
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzyc Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:24 pm

oh tina you are doing such a huge thing managing this forum..huge job.. and so well done too..

hey may i add for this challenge you can add rubons, stamps, paints etc on the cardstock, but make your own embelies out of the cardstock you choose..

i am sure i will be blown away from all the talent the girls are going to show with this challenge.. i am amazed by the creativity of all the scrappers.. there is more to look at on this site than some magazines i reckon!!
so i may be asking for advice on how to judge, because i am sure gunna want to give everyone a prize.. but then everyone who does a layout is a winner because they get a beautiful layout to cherish..
xx lizzy
lizzyc
lizzyc
You Know your stuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:25 pm

thanx Lizzy babe that means alot to me .........yeah add what you like for today only...lol. I'm sure that we will be happy with what ever...lol
Tina Head Lady
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by phatassphairy Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:39 pm

whooot whoooo lizzy well done...phairy claps to you .........now i have this bit of an idea ...which will suit the "why title " and i have an idea about an embellies for a hand made thingy ...but will have to strain the grain to get it together ....i won't look at it till next week cause we going away for the week end ......
phatassphairy
phatassphairy
Well on your way

Number of posts : 284

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:01 am

So here is the challenge ladies....

use only cardstock, 5 or 6 pieces,
all embellies are to be made from this, no pre bought stuff..
can either be all similar shades, or all contrasting colors, eg all shades of green, or say green, red, black, blue, yellow..(just an example of colors)
the title - why?
handwritten journalling.. any length..
any amount of photo's...any size..
you can add rubons, stamps, paints etc on the cardstock, but make your own embelies out of the cardstock you choose..

Thats just so you're not having to keep looking around.,....
Tina Head Lady
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzyc Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:22 pm

can i give out hints??
for anyone thinking how can i make embellies... i don't have a cricut or cuttlebug.. well nither do i..
i use stamps and cut them out to make flowers, i use chipboard as templates and cut out the outline..i use punches..using decorative scissors to cut out thin stripes of paper makes a great ribbon look-a-like.. and hand drawing flourishes is great too...
so hope this helps..
i will be doing this challenge also..
so looking forward to being inspired by you all..
xx lizzy
lizzyc
lizzyc
You Know your stuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:26 pm

lol go lizzy ....I am also doing this challenge...lol. I think I will start this one tomorrow....in my super clean room...lol
Tina Head Lady
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by batnbub Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:34 am

Well done Lizzy. What a great challenge!

batnbub
Just Learning

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:12 pm

Well I am off to do my version of this...lol.
Tina Head Lady
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:05 am

Oh by the way Lizzy can we add flowers and bling......
Tina Head Lady
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzyc Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:56 am

hummm well i did say no pre bought stuff...
certainly make your own flowers by stamps, punches or hand drawn and then cut out,
but the whole idea was to start with the cardstock and make everything from that.. rub ons are fine, paint is fine, kindy glitz is fine, gel pens are fine,
felt pens are fine, just what you make has to have the origins from the cardstock.. getting back to basics sort of.. we take those beautiful things we buy for granted so much... lets see what we can make just by thinking and creating..
i have put my page up on the pick a challenge gallery..
hope this helps..
xx lizzy
lizzyc
lizzyc
You Know your stuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:59 am

Thats fine just checking...and yes a great concept....off to have a look.
Tina Head Lady
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzyc Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:02 am

oh so sorry if this was too hard an ask for a challenge..
was this sposed to be done by the 30th??
sorry guys..
lizzyc
lizzyc
You Know your stuff

Back to top Go down

Post by phatassphairy Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:28 am

lol....mine is still in the bits on my desk ....i will upload it when i am done ...just not intime for the comp ...but i don't mind ...lol....i got most of my hit list done over the week end ....this is still on this weeks hit list ...
phatassphairy
phatassphairy
Well on your way

Number of posts : 284

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down