Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gallery, what, who, whys, hows

5 posters

Go down

Gallery, what, who, whys, hows Empty Gallery, what, who, whys, hows

Post by *Anthea* Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:06 am

I thought I would start this thread cause I was asked a few questions in the gallery

Kirsten, nope not in SM, I only made it on Saturday

LGsmum, yep, it is called Bazzill Scalloped Cardstock, you can get it HERE along with a few other scalloped shapes/sizes
The bird is HERE, scroll down a bit, I used Twinkling H20s on it, they are amazing!! This shop will have em on the site soon

hope that helps girls
*Anthea*
*Anthea*
You Know your stuff

Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2008-07-29

http://www.our-life-story.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Gallery, what, who, whys, hows Empty Re: Gallery, what, who, whys, hows

Post by Tina Head Lady Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:07 pm

great idea...lol...
Tina Head Lady
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2008-07-11

https://cddoodles.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:42 pm

What the hell is a twinkling H2O??? I'm still stuck in the land of "basic-land" . I still don't even know what flocking, or distressing is which I have also heard on this site?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:44 pm

Anyone have any tips on what to buy (and also stick to a budget) because I want to try using some new things like chipboard, flowers, buttons etc which I haven't really used before. Where should I start????

Back to top Go down

Post by sheree Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:47 pm

ok Twinkling H2O's are a shimmery paint... you apply them exactly like paint.. i use a water brush... it goes well on papers, chipboard etc...

Flocking - is like a velvet look... it actually looks like lint out of a dryer when you first see it lol... it comes in a bottle or you can also by flocked papers.

Distressing - is when you either use a sander (sanding block) or a edge distresser (heidi swapp has the best one ever) and you distress things such as photos (in the gallery you can see lots of my pages i sand the edges of my photos) or you can sand your papers etc just to give them a diffrent look....

Hope this helps you
sheree
sheree
Well on your way

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2008-07-31

http://sheree412.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sheree Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:53 pm

LG's Mum wrote:Anyone have any tips on what to buy (and also stick to a budget) because I want to try using some new things like chipboard, flowers, buttons etc which I haven't really used before. Where should I start????

with flowers a great cheap way to start is with Green tara flowers... i use these all the time they are cheap to buy also.. some places sell them individually or i know that scraploot sell them ranging from $2.00 (being the smallest size) up to $2.75 (for the extra large size)....i find these flowers are the best and they come in great colours...

things like buttons... i know spotlight have bags of buttons for like $9.95 i think which is a great value thats where i get all mine from they come in plastic bags with 100's of buttons in them all diffrent shapes and sizes and colours... great value and they last you for ages (lol depends on how much you use them LOL)

Chipboard - there are so many diffrent types out there... a few brands that are good value are A-Z scraplets (great designs and pretty cheap range from $1.25 up to $5.00), another chipboard brand is 2 crafty great designs again

hope this has helped you out a bit... Very Happy Very Happy
sheree
sheree
Well on your way

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:23 am

Yes totally agree with everything you have just said Sheree... Smile
Chipboard is a must on most lay-outs though unless you are able to get to a local scrap shop the best place to get them is on-line...much cheaper...Also Spotlight and even the reject shop sell Bella chipboard...I know that is what I started on...
Chipboard is an amazing concept and the things that can be done with it are really amazing....u can paint it..obviously...you can add glitter , flocking powder, H2o's are a nice ouch to add effect...also you can re-use a particular shapes that you love by just tracing them onto patterned paper's...and just using those instead of the actual chipboard...another thing is you can even leave them plain becaus sometmes the colours of it are just perfect for a rustic look...
They are a great way to add dimension to a page...

You can't go past flowers they are an absolute must...I use green Tara the most they really are very cheap and like Sheree said there are quite a few places that sell them for like $2 for 5 or 10 for large one...Scraploot sell 10 for 2.50....awesome....thats the medium ones which ar 7cm ones.....
You have them in all sizes10cm, 7cm, 6cm, 5cm,4cm, 2cm....the baby ones.....I know that Scrappy Days is also have a HUGE sale oon flowers and pp's because they are having a moving sale and Vicki is trying to get rid of all of her old stock...so make sure you check them out to.....

Hopefully some of this has been helpful...techniqus wise Sherre pretty much covered you questions.....
Tina Head Lady
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2008-07-11

https://cddoodles.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrilyn Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:11 am

a quick question for Anthea - where did you get that super cute frog from on the LO in the Gallery? Did you buy it or make it? Luv it.
Kerrilyn
Kerrilyn
Getting There

Number of posts : 149

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:13 am

Cool Thanks. I guess I need to get shopping then. I had a look on the sites but didn't know where to start - there was so much to choose from! we have 2 scrapbook shops here in Townsville which are really great but I just get lost in there trying to pick stuff!

Back to top Go down

Post by sheree Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:14 am

LG's Mum wrote:Cool Thanks. I guess I need to get shopping then. I had a look on the sites but didn't know where to start - there was so much to choose from! we have 2 scrapbook shops here in Townsville which are really great but I just get lost in there trying to pick stuff!

if you need a hand just let me know im happy to help
sheree
sheree
Well on your way

Back to top Go down

Post by *Anthea* Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:12 am

Kerrilyn - I picked the froggie up HERE he is in a pack with an alien, ball, plane, and a couple of others, there are also 2 sizes in the pack.

LG - stamps are a great investment also, cause you can make your own embellishments over and over again. Scraploot are also cheaper with their Bella range then Spotlight
*Anthea*
*Anthea*
You Know your stuff

Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2008-07-29

http://www.our-life-story.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arby Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:25 am

LG's Mum
If budget is a problem then try making some of your embellishments. I love to create flowers from drink cans and milk bottles. Have a look at a couple of my LO's in the gallery.
And remember Scraploot do have a great double up section. (I spend up in there a lot)
Arby
Arby
You Know your stuff

Number of posts : 532
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down