Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE FAAAAAAAALALA SIDE OF SCRAP

5 posters

Go down

THE FAAAAAAAALALA SIDE OF SCRAP Empty THE FAAAAAAAALALA SIDE OF SCRAP

Post by bumblebee Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:47 am

Just for a bit of entertainment, here follows some ravings from the inner workings of a lunatic scrapper....

RESISTANCE IS USELESS
You know the problem: you have enough stuff but there’s that little voice in your head bellowing at you “you can NEVER have too much scrap stuff…NEVER!” This brain assault often occurs most when you pass your regular LSS and you spy their Bargain Bin through the door as you try hurtling past at Olympic speed. Or, you’ve heard about a new scrap shop just opening ‘nearby’ and tell hubby that you just happened to be in the area and by accident fall inside the door hurting yourself in the process. Well, the only remedy was that therapeutic new Basicgrey, SassLass and Kaiser over in the corner! Grabbing a few of those made you feel so much better. And a girl can never have too much bling now can she?

Then, you log on to keep in touch with CyberScrapWorld and lo and behold your fave 20 online shops ALL happen to have 40% off in the next 10 minutes. It doesn’t really matter that you already have most if not all of the sale items in your stash, how can a girl refuse another ‘buy 10 get 10 free….especially slabs! (Well….hubby is probably off getting his ‘slab’ so why shouldn’t you???)

So with the excitement of a 5 year old discovering Mummy’s hidden choccy stash in the bedroom you repeatedly thrash Paypal and take delight in knowing you’ll soon get LOTS of happy mail. You suddenly realise you’ll quickly need to bring in the builder while hubby is at work so that you can extend the hidden scrap bunker under the house bursting at the seams with all your latest purchases.

At that point hubby comes in after a hard day at the office and asks how your day went. You smile sweetly and tell him you’ve slaved away all day with school duties, work and the housework and you’re just relaxing with a coffee and a little scrapping…as you rip another sheet off the slab…

Very Happy cheers
bumblebee
bumblebee
Well on your way

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

THE FAAAAAAAALALA SIDE OF SCRAP Empty Re: THE FAAAAAAAALALA SIDE OF SCRAP

Post by Arby Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:12 am

OMG you got into my head and pulled out how my life really is... Thanks Buzzy for a great look inside your Lunatic head and hope we see a LOT more of it!!!
Arby
Arby
You Know your stuff

Number of posts : 532
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post by tam76 Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:01 pm

Were you in my house yesterday buzzy??????? LOL.

tam76
Just Learning

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-09-26

http://mycreativeplace.typepad.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzyc Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:08 pm

i just dont believe it!! i reads it but i just dont beleives it...you know me!!and so accurately too.. how do you know all that about me??
did you see me today as i had.. yes i had to.. go to my LSS today..
it was urgent that i went..i knew my LSS owner would not cope with out seeing me today.. so i had to go and say hello and just make sure she was ok.. it was my duty as a scrap person..my duty to my country and to the economy.. and just because i left with a white paper bag of stuff... well that just happened... cause you believes me dont you???
lizzyc
lizzyc
You Know your stuff

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by kim Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:18 pm

You are so right
kim
kim
Getting There

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Arby Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:43 am

Heya Buzzy thanks for writing that up.... So did everyone enjoy reading that?? Buzzy has a greed to do a little write up every now and then for our entertainment.... I don't know about anyone else but I am looking forward to the next instalment!!
THANKS again Buzzy
Arby
Arby
You Know your stuff

Number of posts : 532
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzyc Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:34 am

oh yes.. bring it on buzzy.. you have a real talent for writing.. is journalism another of your many gifts!!
i enjoyed this write-up that is for sure!!
lizzyc
lizzyc
You Know your stuff

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down