Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Schools... what sort does your children go to?

2 posters

Go down

Schools... what sort does your children go to? Empty Schools... what sort does your children go to?

Post by Arby Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:52 am

I am starting to think about what sort of school to put Josh in. We won't do Public in this area.... Amy is at a Catholic School and will go to a Catholic High school too. I had my oldest in an Open Learning school and am thinking about Montassori for Josh..
What do you ladies do?
Arby
Arby
You Know your stuff

Number of posts : 532
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Schools... what sort does your children go to? Empty Re: Schools... what sort does your children go to?

Post by lizzyc Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:00 pm

well this is a huge huge decision to make..
my first three went to our local public school for their primary and then we sent them to a private christain school for high school.. i think it kept them from a bit of mischief in their teen years, but i cant say if it made heaps of difference.
nisha has started at the same private christian school that the others went to for high school ... so this will be the first time we have had a child in private school for primary..we picked this school because of its values - christian- and because it has a lot of multi cultural kids there, where as our local school does not, and we really want nisha to blend in, not stand out as far as race goes.. although having said that, we did have racial issues last year with a little boy who seemed to take a dislike or something to nisha and was a bully to her.. i am hoping not to have that this year.. mind you the school was good and very approachable with any problems..
so good luck and look around and see what options you have with schooling.. these days you can choose.. in my day and with my first three it was the local school and that seemed the only thing to do..
big decision!!
lizzyc
lizzyc
You Know your stuff

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum