Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SITTING WAITING WISHING

4 posters

Go down

SITTING WAITING WISHING Empty SITTING WAITING WISHING

Post by lis782 Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:18 am

I sent some pages to try to get published in scrapbook creations last week hope to hear good news,
does anyone know how to apply for the for keeps mag i cant find the info in the current mag but would like to atempt them all
hopefully have success in one of them guess i should just keep on trying
lis782
lis782
Just Learning

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

SITTING WAITING WISHING Empty Re: SITTING WAITING WISHING

Post by bumblebee Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:54 am

Hi Lisa,
How exciting for you and I hope you are successful at getting your work selected. The original For Keeps magazine has been re-launched as For Keeps Creative Paper (I'm in for the first time in the new mag due this week Issue 73). Sometimes it is faster to email a reduced photo of your layout rather than send the actual layout in. I don't know if your chances of acceptance are improved though with Creative Paper by sending in the actual layout to them. The email address for Creative Paper submissions is:
casey@creativelivingmedia.com.au (Casey Wilson editor)

The email address for Scrapbook Creations is (I've only just had my first acceptance with them a couple of days ago!):
scsubmissions@universalmagazines.com.au

The email address for Scrapbooking Memories is:
sthomson@expresspublications.com.au

You won't need to say very much in the email. You could just submit your layouts for eg 'general consideration' or something like that. Good luck and hope you have some success soon.
Cheers,
Buzzy x
bumblebee
bumblebee
Well on your way

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by lis782 Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:40 am

hi thaks for that info and congrats on you getting accepted i'll be sure to check it out.
oh by the way how long didi it take for you to get a reply sorry for all the questions just being curious
lis
lis782
lis782
Just Learning

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzyc Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:07 pm

wow good luck lisa.. i have subbed a couple of times, but no luck for me!!so let us know how you go!! xx
lizzyc
lizzyc
You Know your stuff

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:04 am

Good Luck with that Lis.... Arby and Buzzy are old pro's at it!! I think they should have shares in all 3 magazines... ha ah ha lol!
Kris
Kris
Getting There

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by lis782 Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:28 am

yep sounds that way, good on them i say, i will just keep trying maybe if we annoy them enough they will just publish us and we'll be stoked
lis782
lis782
Just Learning

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebee Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:34 am

Hi all. Good luck with getting published, persistence should pay off eventually. Very Happy

Different mags respond in different ways. SM will usually give an emailled reply within about 2 weeks maximum, but it's not uncommon lately for them to respond anywhere from 2 hours to 3 days. I don't think I've ever had to wait longer than 3-4 days from them for a rejection. I used to send my 3D layouts to the mag until recently but it does get costly. I'm not sure if it helps you to get published though.

SC return receipt my emailled subs about one week later. I've only had one direct email accepting a layout (my first recently) and that came about a week after subbing it.

CP has also receipt my emailled submissions and again I only get a direct email when they've accepted a layout. They haven't emailled with the rejections. Their acceptance emails also came about a week or 2 after subbing.

Hope that helps a bit. Good luck.
Buzzy x santa
bumblebee
bumblebee
Well on your way

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down